Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [experimental]: coreutils-8.23-1

On Aug  3 11:28, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Eric Blake (cygwin) wrote:
> > Yes, I'm aware that it has been more than 2 years since I last built
> > coreutils, and that there has been some question on the mailing list of
> > whether I'm being responsive enough as a maintainer.  I apologize for
> > the delays in getting this release made, but I'd still like to hang on
> > to this package a bit longer, particularly since I'm most familiar with
> > the set of cygwin-only downstream patches needed to make the package
> > play nicely with the Cygwin environment.
>
> Let me be the first to say thank you for the update. I know that Cygwin packages
> are not always easy to make because they sometimes do not compile
> "out of the box" and require manual patching.
>
> As far as you staying on, I am personally fine with it as long as you can update
> at least once per year. That seems like a reasonable timeframe.

You're invited to become Cygwin package maintainer yourself, then you
have the perfect right to update your own packages in what you perceive
as a reasonable timeframe.  And you can collaborate with other
maintainers on combined updates of dependent packages.  As user, you may
ask for an update, but it's up to the maintainers to decide what a
reasonable timeframe is.

Corinna

Red Hat