Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs

In my experiments, not calling pthread_mutexattr_init caused errors
such that the final mutex was invalid and could not be locked.

The difference between the explicitly initialised mutex and the
statically initialised one is that the latter does get 'lazily'
initialised when the mutex is first locked (I think...?) so  maybe the
problem is something to do with the timing of that?

Pete