Re: cannot display man page for /bin/passwd

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> When I try to display the man page for /bin/passwd, the man page for
>> the openssl passwd subcommand is displayed.
>>
>> It appears that both the package containing /bin/passwd, and the
>> openssl package place the passwd.1.gz file in the /usr/share/man/man1
>> directory, so that only the man page from the most recently installed
>> package is displayed.

> No, the Cygwin passwd tool has no man page.

That's sad. Can we change it?

> The documentation is only in the User's Guide:
> https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#passwd

While reading the page, I've noticed a discrepancy in options synopsis
and further description of the tool operation.
Namely, options --minage, --maxage parameter spelled as "DAYS", while down the
text they are referred to as MINDAYS and MAXDAYS.
I suggest changing the options description to match the text, as that it'll
make more sense.

Also, the paragraph "All operations affecting the current user" is missing a
"$" sign in reference to environment variable LOGONSERVER.

The phrase "to enter a password which" is probably missing a comma.

Other question is relevance of a requirement "to run cygserver as a service
under the LocalSystem account" for modern times.

Slightly unrelated question. I've noticed, that if a paragraph in source file
have line break after a period, the page is rendered with two spaces between
a period and first letter of next sentence, even though there's only one
character (a linefeed) exists. No stray spaces, no CR's. Is this intended?

The latter issue can be demonstrated with this little sample:

echo -e ".TH test 1\n.SH NAME\nJust\ntwo.\nSpaces.\n" | man -l -

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...