Cygwin installer hangs while downloading files

HI,

I'm having a weird issue with the Cygwin installer. It occurs whether
I am using it to update my 2 installations of Cygwin (both 32-bit and
64-bit), or to perform a new install. The issue is that the installer
hangs while downloading files. In other words, the progress bar makes
0% more progress at some point during a download. I've let the
installer sit for over several hours without it making any progress.
Sometimes it's setup.bz2. Usually it's one of the packages. On
average, it happens on the 3rd file or so. Sometimes the 1st,
sometimes the 6th, etc. It usually occurs in the middle of a file
download, but sometimes at the beginning of the file download (when
progress is 0%.) The UI is still responsive when this happens; so I
can quit the installer.

My Setup:
1. Windows 8.1 64-bit with the latest updates.
2. Joined to a domain.

I Tried the following, but the issue still occurs:
1. Disabling my antivirus (NOD32 Antivirus 7)
2. Using both 32-bit and 64-bit Cygwin installer
3. Using the download path C:\Users\mike.DEPAULO\Downloads\cygtemp
instead of the path on the U: network drive with spaces in it.
4. Selecting different mirrors.

I also tried using another computer (Same OS, joined to the same
domain, but different AV) and the issue did NOT occur.

My workaround right now is just repeatedly run "setup.exe -q" and
quitting the install whenever it does hang, until the entire download
completes successfully. Once the entire download does complete, the
packages install without any issue.

-Mike