Re: rpm-build issue

On 2014-08-07 15:01, Matt Rose wrote:
I've noticed that the newer version of the rpm-build package (4.11-1)
has a really severe bug in that it ignores the %defattr flag in the %
files section of .spec files

Note that a default %defattr is provided since rpm-4.4, and therefore most uses of it are considered obsolete in Fedora:

https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/77
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines?rd=Packaging/Guidelines#File_Permissions

That being said, I haven't tried this on Cygwin. But do you actually have a root user (e.g. by renaming Administrator in /etc/passwd)?

Yaakov