Re: Same mirror data with both Cygwin setup.exe?

Thank you Warren and David for your commentaries about my question. Well, I use Seismic Unix and have installed before in cygwin 32-bit without problems. I tried it a couple of days in my Cygwin 64-bit and it crashed or gave strange data outputs. This seismic unix also uses x11 programs, they did not worked properly either. Why? I have no clue. That's why I'll try cygwin32 now. I'll download everything again, so I can test this from a fresh installation.

Thank again for your answers,

Cheers,

Gery

Sent from my iRon

On Aug 11, 2014, at 23:54, David Stacey <drstacey@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

On 11/08/14 21:57, Gery . wrote:
> Is it advisable to run both Cygwin 32- and 64-bit setup installers with the same downloaded set of packages from a unique mirror? I have 6GB data downloaded from a mirror, I downloaded that while running step 64-bit installer.

If you used setup-x86_64.exe to do the downloading then that will have downloaded 64-bit packages only. If this is the case then you will have some more downloading to do to get the 32-bit packages. However, you don't have to do a full install - if you select only those packages you need during the installation process then that will reduce the amount you need to download.

But otherwise, you can install 32-bit and 64-bit Cygwin side-by-side, and from the same mirror.

Cheers,

Dave.