Re: cygwin now supports shared libraries?

On 16/08/2014 13:12, Gery . wrote:
Hello,

I though that Cygwin did not support shared libraries, I read it somewhere in the past, but now I am installing GEOS 3.4.2 (http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/) and I noticed this after the configure (it's just part of the long list of messages):
[cut]

so, Cygwin now supports shared libraries or always did? sorry if this sounded like dumb, but as I said I understood that never did, moreover, the lack of /sbin/ldconfig should have supported my previous believes.

Hi Gery,
Usually shared is the default and static is deprecated.

Only care no undefined symbols are allowed during linking
as limitation of windows platform

Regards
Marco