RE: [postgis-users] FW: json/json.h: No such file or directory

Thanks again Regina, good news, I recently successfully installed the 2.1.4dev version in my cygwin. The -lpostgres problem was solved by Marco Atzeri, here it's his message, that *.a file did the trick: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-08/msg00321.html.

So, you asked why, well, it's simply because I just stop rebooting my pc to a linux os, or using VM. The former was good for a while, whereas the latter was not that good at all because it was slow and my pc doesn't have much ram. I normally use several apps that only run in linux (eg. seismic unix) and are interrelated by shell scripts (eg. gmt, seismic unix, pgsql, mb, etc) as well as several that run only in windows. So, booting every time because I just needed to change somethings or manage some other things was boring. Cygwin helps me with that.

Just to summarize things, with the latest cygwin 32-bit (I installed it like 1-2 days ago) neither GEOS or GDAL actually gave error messages (some with python I think for the latter), and PostGIS installed flawlessly. All of them gave warnings, though, but they are warnings. This Cygwin latest version comes with netcdf4, json-c, libxml2, hdf5, Pgsql9.3, proj4, etc, etc, so, nicely installed. I'll ask if some other open-source software can also be added in the Science package, such as gmt, gdal, geos, su, mb, etc.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Gery

Piensa en el medio ambiente - mantenlo en la pantalla. NO lo imprimas si NO es necesario.
Think green - keep it on the screen. Do NOT print if it is NOT necessary.
Denken Sie an die Umwelt - bewahren Sie es auf dem Bildschirm. Drucken Sie es NICHT, wenn es NICHT notwendig ist.