Re: i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lpostgres

On 16/08/2014 23:02, Gery . wrote:
Thanks a lot Marco for this email and the one I sent before about the shared libraries. I didn't answer before because I was inscribed as digest, so I just dropped that recently and subscribed again.

That *.a file definitely did the trick, many thanks for that. I just explained what I did in the PostGIS mailing list also, perhaps someone else can find the solution there.

Thanks again,

Gery

libpostgres.a should be needed only to link vs the internal of postgres.

I am uploading a 9.3.5-2 version that will include it.

Regards
Marco