Re: Replicate packages from 32-bit machine on 64-bit machine

Greetings, paul!

> When I wanted to replicate my cygwin installation from a 32-bit machine to
> another 32-bit machine, it was straightforward.  I would simply reinstall
> all installed packages, but have the downloaded packages got to a folder
> which I then burn to CD.

> However, my next machine is a 64-bit machine.  So I have to use the 64-bit
> setup.  Is there an almost-as-painless way to replicate the 64-bit version
> of the packages that I have installed on my 32-bit machine?

You contradicting yourself. 64-bit packages are entirely different files than
32-bit packages. Your only option is to download all of them. One way or
another.

Also keep in mind that not all of packages are ported over to 64bit yet.
If this may be an important factor in your decision to switch over to 64-bit
installation, you'd have to do some investigation first. I.e. install 64-bit
OS in virtual machine and try some things you normally do in your daily use.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...