[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated (experimental): coreutils-8.23-3

A new release of coreutils, 8.23-3, is available for experimental
download, leaving 8.23-2 as current, and 8.15-1 (32-bit) or 8.15-3
(64-bit) as previous.  If no issues are reported, I will promote it to
current within a week.

NEWS:
=====
This is a minor update that fixes a couple of issues: the cygwin-only
'stat --append-exe' option had been accidentally broken (last working in
8.15), and when faced with a symlink named 'l.exe', the command 'mv
l.exe l' would delete the symlink instead of dropping the .exe suffix,
as a side effect of an intentional upstream change in 8.16.  As part of
fixing those bugs, I had to do a fair bit of rewrite to the cygwin-only
patches that detect when .exe magic is occurring, and may have broken
some other corner case, although in my limited testing I couldn't find
anything obviously different.  This build is also the first against the
new ACL rules of cygwin1.dll, so there may be some oddities in ls as a
result.  Hence I'm leaving this experimental for a few days to make sure
it does not cause further regressions.  For upstream details, see
/usr/share/doc/coreutils/NEWS.

If you missed the note in 8.23-2, there is no longer an 'su' program in
coreutils; this is an upstream decision (many Linux distros are getting
su from other packages, and even though cygwin's su had come from
coreutils, it was heavily patched and doesn't work as smoothly as on
Linux).  I'm still debating whether it is worth trying to capture the
last release of coreutils' su, as patched to work on cygwin, for
distribution as an independent package; help would be appreciated from
anyone else interested in this task.

If you encounter a regression, please report it here rather than
upstream.  See also the upstream documentation in /usr/share/doc/coreutils/.

Help in porting the stdbuf utility to cygwin would be appreciated.

============
GNU coreutils provides a collection of commonly used utilities essential
to a standard POSIX environment.  It comprises the former textutils,
sh-utils, and fileutils packages.  The following executables are included:

[ arch base64 basename cat chcon chgrp chmod chown chroot cksum comm cp
csplit cut date dd df dir dircolors dirname du echo env expand expr
factor false fmt fold gkill groups head hostid id install join link ln
logname ls md5sum mkdir mkfifo mknod mktemp mv nice nl nohup nproc
numfmt od paste pathchk pinky pr printenv printf ptx pwd readlink
realpath rm rmdir runcon seq sha1sum sha224sum sha256sum sha384sum
sha512sum shred shuf sleep sort split stat stty sum sync tac tail tee
test timeout touch tr true truncate tsort tty uname unexpand uniq unlink
users vdir wc who whoami yes

UPDATE:
=======
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
'coreutils' from the 'Base' category.  As long as this release is
experimental, you'll have to cycle through versions to pick it up.

DOWNLOAD:
=========
Note that downloads from cygwin.com aren't allowed due to bandwidth
limitations.  This means that you will need to find a mirror which has
this update, please choose the one nearest to you:
http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

QUESTIONS: