Re: bug/deficiency in unzip: incompatible with other programs when entry path names have non-ascii chars

Greetings, Brent!

>>Can this be related to locale settings?
>>I didn't see Brent mentioning his locale settings, though.

> I have never done any configuration after installing cygwin.  In
> particular, I have never mucked with any locale settings.  So whatever the
> default install gives is what I have.  (Unless cygwin draws on what my Windows locale settings are?)

> I had to look up what locale settings cygwin even offers.  This seems to be a good link:
>     https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-locale.html

> One claim in that link is that cygwin only cares about these 3 env vars:
> LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, and LANG.  Here is what they are on my system:
>     $ echo "LC_ALL = $LC_ALL"
>     LC_ALL =

>     $ echo "LC_CTYPE = $LC_CTYPE"
>     LC_CTYPE =

>     $ echo "LANG = $LANG"
>     LANG = en_US.UTF-8

> Andrey, is this what you are looking for, or do you need something else?

Largely, yes.
You can, however, simplify your tests by simply typing "locale" :)
It'll dump everything starting with $LANG.
However, since you're using UTF-8 (ref:$LANG), the problem is likely in unzip
expectations about filenames encoding.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...