Re: BUG: cygwin warning: barfs on domain-based-mboxes; env corrupted by login(-p disabled)

On Oct 27 23:09, Linda Walsh wrote:
> At the very least, "login -p" should be fixed to work  (whereas
> now it has been explicitly patch to NOT WORK (man login:...)
>
>    -p     Used by getty(8) to tell login not to destroy  the  environment.
>              This is disabled in the Cygwin version.
>
> Can login have the cygwin specific code that disables "-p"
> removed?

You can always compile it yourself, of course.  For the official
version we're not going to reintroduce this.

However, the latest Cygwin snapshot from https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
contains a patch which merges the user's default Windows environment
(more precise, the variables from the user's default Windows environment
missing in the current environment)  as soon as the user is switched.

Please give it a try.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat