Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.34-002

On Dec  7 12:21, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Ciao Corinna,
>
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >The new nsswitch.conf settings
>
> maybe I am wrong.. but shouldn't these new test release come with a default
> /etc/nsswitch.conf file? a file which is installed/updated if it does not
> exist/unchanged..

This would be the job of the base-cygwin package, which I'll update as
soon as I release Cygwin 1.7.34.

> I have seen that MSYS2 *has* it...

The Cygwin rip-off which, again, violates the GPL?

They are already releasing the code which isn't even officially release
for Cygwin?

How nice.  We have all the work and they simple grab it and don't give
anything back to their upstream project.  How very nice.

Corinna

Red Hat