Re: A list of installed packages (no dependencies)

Larry Hall wrote:
This sounds contradictory to what you're asking above.

No, it is as modern package managers work. Also 'port' in MacPorts has similar options (they call these packages 'requested'). For example, on OSX I have installed only 21 (chosen by me, i.e. *requested*), but the total number of package installed (as a result of dependencies) is 254. In principle reinstalling the 21 packages should reinstall all the 254 but sometimes the dependencies change. Having a less package to reinstall makes simpler to follow the process of installation/re-installation.

I think Cygwin has this (maybe I read this on the list) but I don't remember, exactly, the command.. :-(

In any case, Happy New Year.

Ciao,
 Angelo.