System Error 1376 in ssh-host-config - more examples

On January 1, I updated cygwin on 23 systems. The older systems had cygwin updates as of January 2013 and newer systems had whatever version of cygwin was current at the time of installation. Two run Windows XP Pro SP3, 12 run Windows Server 2003 SP2, and 9 run Windows 7 Pro SP1. They are all running as POS servers in a restaurant environment, and the configurations and installed software have only minor differences.

Twenty-one of the cygwin updates ran without incident, two failed with the System Error 1376 during ssh-host config. The failed systems were the two most recently installed - one in February 2014, one in June 2014, both running Windows 7. The most recent installation prior to those was December 2013.

I have wiped cygwin and installed fresh, but the problem persists.

I can't find any important differences between the working and non-working systems although of course there must be SOMETHING different.

The output of cygcheck -s -r -v for the two problem systems are attached as cygcheck-pc.txt and cygcheck-lv.txt. For comparison, the output of cygcheck for the most recent installation which updated cleanly is attached as cygcheck-wi.txt.

I hope this provides some clues.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bruce Halco