Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.1

Greetings, Thomas Wolff!

> Am 14.02.2015 um 00:24 schrieb Andrey Repin:
>> I have a feeling that you have %HOME% defined before mintty starts.
>> I just made some tests, and it seems to be the showstopper.
>> If %HOME% is already set, nsswitch.conf:db_home is ineffective.
>> Simple check for
>>
>>      SET HOME=
>>      mintty -
> I think setting HOME globally, before starting cygwin, is the most
> straightforward way to configure one's home directory preference and
> should thus be supported.

Supported, allright.
The issue seems to be contradiction between documented and observed behavior
of a specific macro. (Or specific part of the Cygwin, to that extent.)
Setting global %HOME% to %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% is a natural choice, but Denis
seems to want a deviation of it for Cygwin specifically.

By the way,
getent passwd %USERNAME%
return homedir correctly, but bash insist on using existing HOME even if
started as login shell.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...