Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3

On Feb 25 08:55, Warren Young wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2015, at 8:23 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  $ chgrp `id -g` id*
> >>  $ ls -l id*
> >>  -rw-rw---- 1 Warren Warren 1.7K Feb 25 08:12 id_rsa
> >>  -rw-rw---- 1 Warren Warren  398 Feb 25 08:12 id_rsa.pub
> >
> > Hang on, how come your group is your user account?  That's certainly
> > not correct and it's certainly not the default, neither with SAM
> > accounts, nor with domain accounts.  Is that something set in your
> > passwd/group files?  If so, change it.
>
> Iâm using the new SAM support, only.
>
> This is how Microsoft configured this Windows 10 VM.  I havenât made
> any local user admin type changes, except to create a second account
> for testing.
>
> I get this from id(1):
>
> $ id
> uid=1000(Warren) gid=11000(Warren) groups=11000(Warren) âetc.

Darn.  Did you set this up with a "Microsoft Account"?  If so, then
something's not working as expected.  There's code in Cygwin which
converts your primary group in your user token to the group "Users" in
this scenario to avoid this very problem.

But somehow this code doesn't kick in in your case and it would be
obviously interesdting to know why.

Corinna

Red Hat