rsync still broken

Hi Jari,

It looks like rsync is still broken. When you released 3.1.0 it had an
upstream bug that made it extremely slow on cygwin. Other then that it
also had another problem that I reported here:
https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-08/msg00440.html

Yaakov made 3.1.0 test and we all automatically reverted to 3.0.9.

Recently 3.1.1 was released leaving the broken test version 3.1.0 as
previous. I didn't update my servers yet, The day before yesterday I
did, so I went from 3.0.9 to 3.1.1.

And yesterday I saw that my backup *completely* failed because of these errors:
@ERROR: setgid failed
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1653) [Receiver=3.1.0]
ERROR: /usr/bin/rsync returned 5 while processing
rsync://192.168.200.208/backup-d/DataShares/
@ERROR: setgid failed
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1653) [Receiver=3.1.0]
ERROR: /usr/bin/rsync returned 5 while processing
rsync://192.168.200.208/backup-d/DataGit/
@ERROR: setgid failed

Very similar error as I reported for 3.1.0.

FYI, I run the cygwin based rsync daemon on my Windows servers and
have a Ubuntu server that backups the data with rsnapshot (which
utilizes rsync to do the transfers). The errors above are shown on the
Ubuntu server.

Luckily I still had a 3.0.9 executable on one machine and I've put
that exe on all the updated servers to make sure the backup worked
again last night. So those systems new think they have 3.1.1 but the
actually have the exe of good old properly working 3.0.9

Note that 3.0.9 is not available on the mirrors anymore. I hope that
it can be restored on the mirrors and made current again for the time
being and that this you have time to look into this problem. But the
bottom line is that 3.1.x breaks my backup.

Regards,
Frank