Re: File Permissions - Yet Another Question / Clarification

Greetings, Bryan Berns!

> I finally am moving my user community to Cygwin 1.7.35 at work and
> having some issues with ssh not thinking user's ssh keys are owned by
> the user.  I indeed can see that their directory listings do not show
> their userid as having read,write, or execute to *any* of their files.

Have you tried to read the relevant FAQ article before posting in the list?

Faq entry 4.40.
Why does public key authentication with ssh fail after updating to Cygwin 1.7.34?
http://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.ssh-pubkey-stops-working

> In short, just wanted to make sure behavior like that demonstrated
> below is "by design".  In particular, I find it odd that "Domain
> Users" is the only entity that is listed as having permissions despite
> not being in the DACL at all.  On the plus side, the startup speed is
> much, much faster than before and we no longer need to worry about
> maintaining our HUGE passwd and groups files.  Any thoughts are
> appreciated.  I've read the ntsec page and still digesting all
> information...

> @ umask
> 77
> @ whoami
> bernsbj
> @ touch mytestfile
> @ ls -l mytestfile
> ----rwx---+ 1 bernsbj Domain Users 0 Apr  1 15:38 mytestfile
> @ icacls mytestfile
> mytestfile MYDOMAIN\bernsbj:(I)(F)
>           BUILTIN\Administrators:(I)(F)
>          OTHERDOMAIN\Domain Admins:(I)(F)

That doesn't help understanding your issue, unfortunately.
If reading FAQ doesn't help, please provide the output of mount and pwd at the
very least.

> --

With best regards,
Andrey Repin