Re: Running out of ptys

Greetings, Peter Hackett!

> RE: Really running 64bit?

> No. I feel silly. I should have checked that. I just ASSumed that since
> I'm running 64bit Windows, Cygwin would be 64 bits.

> Really sorry for that "noise".

Just to clarify... did it work?
I mean, were you able to run snapshot DLL?
Was your issue resolved by it?

> RE: Please don't top-post, and teach your mail agent to insert proper threading headers.

> I think I understand "top-post" but I'm not sure about "[teaching my mail agent]"

> I currently am receiving cygwin as a digest and I didn't notice the attached .ezm
> files. So I went to the web, and copy/pasted the message that Corinna sent.

When you receive list as digest, there's easier trick to keep your messages
closer to the thread.
Just reply to your own sent messages! ;)

> I'm using Thunderbird. If I just reply to the .ezm file and insert my comments in
> the "XXX wrote:" section, will it be OK? Or do I have to remove the "On xyz, xxx wrote:" part

Probably. I'm not familiar with digest mode.
Frankly, despite marked as "high volume", the list only see about 10-15
messages a day on average.

> Sorry for not following the list norms. I'm new to the cygwin list.

> People have been really helpful despite that. Thank you all for your patience.

> Peter "Frickin' newbies! So ignorant." Hackett :-)

Now, don't be so hard on yourself.
We only request what we see as good for many.
Threading is really important, when you search the list archives. Detached
replies make it hard enough to follow live discussion, and nearly impossible
to find heads of tails in the archive.
And upside-down quoting is... just... not natural.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...