Re: Cygwin installs wrong version of boost

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 20:33 -0700, Bob Burrough wrote:
> I just downloaded and ran setup-x86_64.exe, and installed a new cygwin
> environment.  I selected libboost-devel version 1.55*, as I have a
> project that has been tested against that particular version of boost.
> However, when I review the installation preview that shows me which
> packages will be installed, it shows 1.57* will be installed.  Huh?  I
> didn't select 1.55.  I selected 1.57.  Why is Cygwin disregarding my choice?

Package dependencies are not versioned; as the current version of
libboost-devel is 1.57.0, which depends on libboost*1.57, those
dependencies will be chosen regardless of which version of
libboost-devel you choose to install.

Please note that, as the previous version, 1.55 remains in the distro
only for the benefit of packages which have yet to be rebuilt for 1.57.
Once that has been done (and it mostly is already), then 1.55 will be
subject to removal from the distribution.  You would therefore be better
off working with the currently-supported 1.57.0.

--
Yaakov