RE: Cygwin - configure: error: Required header <rpc/types.h> not found

Thanks Yaakov for the quick reply,

> https://cygwin.com/acronyms/&PCYMTWLL !

sorry for the long lines =)

> Add "CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tirpc" to your configure flags.

Thanks, but the problem remains. MB-System (the software I try to install) complains about rpc/:

checking rpc/rpc.h usability... no
checking rpc/rpc.h presence... no
checking for rpc/rpc.h... no
checking rpc/types.h usability... no
checking rpc/types.h presence... no
checking for rpc/types.h... no
configure: error: Required header <rpc/types.h> not found, check include path and intsalled devel packages

>> I mean, a solution that doesn't involve upgrading cygwin to the
>> latest version, I just don't want to reinstall everything again.
>
> Please note that we do not support old versions of Cygwin, nor does
> upgrading to the currently supported version require "reinstalling
> everything".

I always knew that I must reinstall all software (those that don't come
with cygwin by default, e.g., PostGIS) after upgrading to the latest cygwin version (ie.
download the latest setup*.exe and perform the upgrade). I just found these steps:

wget http://apt-cyg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/apt-cyg
chmod +x apt-cyg
mv apt-cyg /usr/local/bin/
apt-cyg install PACKAGE-NAME-HERE

would these steps correctly update specific packages?

Thanks again,

Gery