This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: What can I do about messages bouncing - ezmlm warning
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Ian Lambert <ian dot lambert_42 at yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 22:29:14 +0300
- Subject: Re: What can I do about messages bouncing - ezmlm warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5594C3B9 dot 2000800 at yahoo dot com> <1666953554 dot 20150702194736 at yandex dot ru> <4B369658-7D87-454F-96F0-912999D02BBF at yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Ian Lambert!
>> >> Messages to you from the cygwin mailing list seem to
>> >> have been bouncing.
>>> The error is:
>>>> Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.
>> >> See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html
>>> It looks like this might be related to DMARC. Is there anything I can
>>> about this (other than stop using yahoo) to continue receiving
>>> from your list?
>>This is yahoo server getting to you. Not RedHat one.
>>I don't see, why you are posting it to the list.
> I see the same periodically, and miss a few mails. Also, they get tagged as
> spam often. Maybe cygwin.com and sourceware.org could better comply with postmaster-28 requirements?
This is not a problem of sourceware server.
He sent a letter to both list and the original message sender.
He got a reply from original sender's server that his message (in fact, his
off-list message!) was rejected.
With best regards,
Thursday, July 2, 2015 22:27:35
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple