This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.17.1-5
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: mailing-lists at rblasch dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 00:28:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.17.1-5
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55411449 dot 7020106 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <announce dot 556DEA16 dot 5030703 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <557F22A8 dot 3060904 at rblasch dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 15/06/2015 20:08, Ronald Blaschke wrote:
On 06/02/2015 07:38 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
I think this update breaks XWin for me. When starting any client (gvim,
emacs-X11), I get a broken window, sometimes empty, sometimes partially
filled. I cannot click the content, the click just goes through to the
window below, which brings the bottom window up. If I focus the broken
window (through the taskbar), I seem to be able to interact with the
program, e.g. after inserting something in gvim using the keyboard, the
title reflects this through the modified flag ('+'). But again, the
content stays empty.
If I run XWin without multiwindow, the program (gvim or emacs) renders
just fine in the XWin window.
If I revert back to 1.17.1-4, multiwindow works just fine as well.
Thanks for reporting this.
This is rather puzzling, as the change in 1.17.1-5 was not directly
related to how windows are rendered.
Can you provide some more details? e.g. an XWin.0.log so I can see if
that shows anything unusual? Are these local X clients?
You might also like to try the latest snapshot  to see if that
behaves any differently.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple