This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty system integration before release
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 10:08:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: mintty system integration before release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <558EA4BB dot 8080506 at towo dot net> <20150627145021 dot GA23036 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <558EC861 dot 2030903 at towo dot net> <20150701104757 dot GI2918 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 01.07.2015 12:47, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Sure. My assumption was that firstname.lastname@example.org would be a good place for
occasional questions of that kind.
Also I had somewhat associated the google groups list with the closing
google code area but that's probably not proper.
If you prefer to divert traffic off this list, I'll reconsider. Also, if
people start discussions on the old list, I can still mention it on the
On Jun 27 17:59, Thomas Wolff wrote:
I think it's sufficient for this project to have one of issue tracker or
mailing list/forum, not both. And an issue tracker has the valuable
advantage that you can close issues...
Mailing lists allow discussing stuff before formally requesting
something via issue tracker. E.g, user problems can be both, a user
just having a thinko or a bug. ML discussions help to find out and
avoid spurious issues in the issue tracker. Also, many people happily
report bugs on mailing lists but don't want to be bothered with
issue trackers which you have to login to.
I have a package now to publish but need to find a timeslot to fiddle
with the lftp upload...
(wondering why my responses get lost if sent from one of my machines...)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple