This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin X11 server won't start
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 07:17:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin X11 server won't start
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j7jGP6Vwmro140s=jRya+F6qscd6oyyKQsntcpue5w7zw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 7/4/2015 6:12 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I had a Windows 7 crash this afternoon and now Cygwin/X server won't
start. I've attached a couple files.
Any idea how to correct this? Things have been OK for weeks.
Thanks - Jim
[ 48.438] (EE) Error compiling keymap (server-0)
[ 48.438] (EE) xkbcomp exit status 32512
it looks like recent:
[ 48.453] (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
[ 48.453] (EE) XKB: Failed to load keymap. Loading default keymap instead.
[ 48.531] (EE) Error compiling keymap (server-0)
[ 48.531] (EE) xkbcomp exit status 32512
[ 48.531] (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
[ 48.531] XKB: Failed to compile keymap
[ 48.531] Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing
or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.
[ 48.531] (EE) Fatal server error:
[ 48.531] (EE) Failed to activate core devices.(EE)
[ 48.531] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
Jim Reisert AD1C, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://www.ad1c.us
Likely unrelated, but noticed from your cygcheck.out
I hope for you that you are resetting the path order
D:\ActiveState Perl Dev Kit 9.4\bin
Warning: C:\Windows\system32\find.exe hides C:\Cygwin\bin\find.exe
Warning: D:\Perl\bin\perl.exe hides C:\Cygwin\bin\perl.exe
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple