This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Release: mintty 2.0.1
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 19:02:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: Release: mintty 2.0.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5596FC1B dot 8060907 at towo dot net>
Apologies for the first release, 2.0.1-0, which for some obscure reasons
did not include the actual version.
The new package 2.0.1-1 is fixed.
@cygwin: Please drop 2.0.1-0 in the repository, 1.1.3 (32bit)/1.2beta
(64bit) should be previous versions.
There is a problem with Alt-F2 which I shall fix soon. As a workaround,
the Start/Desktop shortcut could be changed from the command shortcut:
C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
to a full form like
C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -e /bin/bash
After closing half of the open issues, I thought itâs a good time to
Iâve bumped the major version number to 2 to reflect the change of
repository and maintainer and somehow catch up with cygwin...
Major new features and fixes are listed below. See also the changelog
in the Wiki
For new options, there is no GUI configuration facility yet ("Hidden
settings"). Please ask for them if desired.
The homepage is at http://mintty.github.io/
It also links to the issue tracker.
Major new features and fixes
* Fixed bold display by overstriking if BoldAsFont unset.
* Implemented and enabled character attribute italic (#418, #152).
* Implemented character attribute strikeout; disabled due to missing
* True Colour support (#431) (using ESC [ 38;2;r;g;b m).
* Alt-F2 creates new window of same size as current one (#275).
* Option -T to set unchangeable window title (#385).
* Option DeleteSendsDEL and associated switching sequence CSI ? 1037
h/l to switch keypad Del key sending DEL or Remove (#406).
* Options Break and Pause to configure mappings for these keys (#399).
* Configuration option WordCharsExcl to exclude characters from word
* Added configuration options BellType, BellFreq, BellLen (~ #369).
* Option HideMouse=false disables mouse cursor hiding on keyboard
* Option MiddleClickAction=void disables mouse-middle-click pasting
* Option to simulate Enter/Return with mouse-click (#425).
* Documented RowSpacing/ColSpacing; tweaked to distribute padding
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple