Re: XWin in Multiwindow mode - window opens up 8 pixels from the left

On 05/07/2015 16:11, Michael DePaulo wrote:
I've noticed that if I start XWin in -multiwindow mode:
xwin -multiwindow
And then open up a window in what should be the top-left corner of the screen:
$ xlogo -geometry 2048x1152+0+0
The window instead opens up 8 pixels from the left:
http://imgur.com/89iWRgg

I am not sure if this is intentional behavior of the internal window
manager, or a bug. Either way, I thought I would mention it.

It does not occur in Rootless mode.

I think this behaviour is intended.

When we apply the window style to the window, the position of the window is adjusted to ensure that window decorations at the top-left are visible. See [1]. To do otherwise would make it unnecessarily difficult to move the window.

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jturney/xserver/tree/hw/xwin/winmultiwindowwndproc.c?h=cygwin-patches-for-1.17#n1249

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer