This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XWin in Multiwindow mode - window opens up 8 pixels from the left
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 19:31:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: XWin in Multiwindow mode - window opens up 8 pixels from the left
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMKht8hM=PrBeLzmgB25zzCB2OZOKEugSEy_qHKzejZ1j9osWw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 05/07/2015 16:11, Michael DePaulo wrote:
I've noticed that if I start XWin in -multiwindow mode:
And then open up a window in what should be the top-left corner of the screen:
$ xlogo -geometry 2048x1152+0+0
The window instead opens up 8 pixels from the left:
I am not sure if this is intentional behavior of the internal window
manager, or a bug. Either way, I thought I would mention it.
It does not occur in Rootless mode.
I think this behaviour is intended.
When we apply the window style to the window, the position of the window
is adjusted to ensure that window decorations at the top-left are
visible. See . To do otherwise would make it unnecessarily
difficult to move the window.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple