This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xinit-1.3.4-9 (major changes to multiwindow session)
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 21:34:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xinit-1.3.4-9 (major changes to multiwindow session)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 1436224792 dot 7980 dot 43 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <CAK-n8j5P+RUnEy6L1-1TPOm13qvYrpq-Lf3COQ2P9TPokPc75w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 18:25 -0600, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > This release includes major changes to the default multiwindow session
> > based on feedback from users:
> Lots of good stuff here!
> I'm getting both the new xwin-xdg-menu, as well as the old 'X' in my
> Windows notification area. How do I get rid of the latter? I do not
> have a .startxwinrc nor a .XWinrc file.
You could create a ~/.xserverrc with the following:
exec /usr/bin/XWin -notrayicon [OTHER_ARGS] "$@"
The only caveat is that would apply to *all* X sessions, not just the
multiwindow session. An alternative is to copy the XWin Server shortcut
and add " -- -multiwindow -notrayicon" (without the quotes) right after
startxwin in the command.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple