This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup improvement . was : autoreconf: problem while executing
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:27:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup improvement . was : autoreconf: problem while executing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55978DE2 dot 4000707 at vol dot at> <5597921F dot 9070903 at gmail dot com> <5597FC17 dot 60601 at vol dot at> <559807A6 dot 9000805 at gmail dot com> <55980C78 dot 3030104 at cornell dot edu> <55984AE8 dot 6080803 at vol dot at> <5598F42E dot 1040806 at gmail dot com> <559C3204 dot 7040508 at vol dot at>
On 7/7/2015 4:09 PM, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
while it was removing the packages, perl hang a bunch of times and i had
to kill it all the time it started hanging.
After i did a full rebase and i tried to run autoreconf i got again the
seems that hasn't helped much.
I have sometimes found that I have to reboot before the full rebase
works properly. I'm not sure why. In your case, however, I agree with
what Marco said: You probably have too many DLLs installed, and rebasing
simply won't do the job.
wonder if there is a problem with perl?
maybe removing the desktops might be a big load off the system?
I think it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming to try to solve
the problem by selectively uninstalling packages. You might be better
off starting with a new installation, and just selecting for install the
packages you think you need. For example, you could start by just
installing autoconf and its dependencies. The autorebase postinstall
script should have no problem with that. Then re-run setup-x86.exe and
install additional packages/categories that you need (but not everything!).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple