This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Norton Business Suite identifies minntty as malware
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:56:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: Norton Business Suite identifies minntty as malware
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1912237562 dot 1654741 dot 1436844110822 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
On 7/14/2015 5:21 AM, Brent wrote:
On my work computer today, I ran cygwin's setup-x86_64.exe in order to get the latest and greatest code.
Soon afterwards, Norton Business Suite autoran, and claimed that the new mintty is malware (to be precise: WS.Malware.2).
This has never happened before: both Norton and cygwin (including mintty) have been on my computer for a long time.
I assume that mintty has not gotten infected with malware, and that this is probably a Norton bug, like what has been seen in the past:
That said, I thought that I would report it anyways.
--Win 7 64 bit pro host
--Norton Business Suite version 126.96.36.199
--latest cygwin and mintty (version 2.0.3-0)
--I have screenshots if anyone wants more details, but I cannot send them as attachments to this mailing list, right?
please open a false positive report with Norton
Likely they will recognize the mistake and amend their database
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple