This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ACL Hell
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Sky Diver <skydivergm at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:32:18 +0300
- Subject: Re: ACL Hell
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADWQZEsrNeL9D44D=Z25pxiF3pFmQdTTqRgD+uFmsUMgzhj+ow at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Sky Diver!
> Hi, in the past several months or so, cygwin started giving me ACL
> pain in small surges which are gradually growing..
> Here's a basic scenario that is slowly, but surely, driving me NUTZ:
> $ ln -s /cygdrive/c/tmp /tmp
> ln: failed to create symbolic link â/tmpâ: Operation not permitted
Are you running with superadmin credentials?
Unlike Linux, Windows doesn't let regular users make symlinks.
With best regards,
Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:30:47
Sorry for my terrible english...