This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SIGINT generated by Control-C, is not delivered in mintty
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:40:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: SIGINT generated by Control-C, is not delivered in mintty
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1436859879 dot 3576693 dot 323109769 dot 13A8B37B at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <55A61E00 dot 9020505 at gmail dot com>
On 15.07.2015 10:46, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 7/14/2015 9:44 AM, Ronald Fischer wrote:
Using Cygwin 64 on Windows 7:
In a bash or zsh running inside mintty, pressing Control-C has no
effect. In a bash or zsh running in a Windows Console, it works fine.
This can be verified in two ways:
(1) Using 'trap':
In the shell, we do a
trap 'echo trapped' INT
Ronald, does it happen that you start mintty from a Cygwin console window?
In that case, it might be the same problem I had reported myself a few
I have analysed this a little bit further; the problem as I see it
happens in cygwin 1.7.32 but does not happen in cygwin 1.7.10 (I could
try to narrow that down with the cygwin time machine...). In addition,
if I compile the current version of mintty in cygwin 1.7.10, the problem
does not occur which makes me quite sure it's not a mintty problem
although (as I had written) it does not seem to happen with xterm.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple