This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: --line-regexp option with null data
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:04:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: --line-regexp option with null data
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLWo4nvaJBMOBYsOYeCdrgw_O=8CM_H_kwfxnU=AqnuOjA at mail dot gmail dot com> <6138-1437098652-808922 at sneakemail dot com> <1654709150 dot 20150717053047 at yandex dot ru>
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Linux grep will do the same.
> null byte = not a text.
> Wrong encoding, not matching locale = not a text.
I have repeatedly asked you to stay out of my threads. My experience is you
typically misread, misunderstand or misrepresent most or all of the threads you
comment on. I will ask again, please stop.
As I have said, I have already tested this today on Debian Linux 8, With
Grep 2.2 and it works as expected, and differently from the Cygwin version as I
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple