This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: --line-regexp option with null data
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:44:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: --line-regexp option with null data
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLWo4nvaJBMOBYsOYeCdrgw_O=8CM_H_kwfxnU=AqnuOjA at mail dot gmail dot com> <6138-1437098652-808922 at sneakemail dot com>
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:04 PM, John Hein wrote:
> cygwin grep is detecting the input as binary which seems to be
> overriding the 'match the whole line' behavior of --line-regexp. Get
> rid of --quiet to see that.
It appears to be intended behavior starting with version 2.21:
> If a file contains data improperly encoded for the current locale,
> and this is discovered before any of the file's contents are output,
> grep now treats the file as binary.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple