This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
bat files not automatically assumed to be executable
- From: schilpfamily <schilpfamily at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:35:46 -0400
- Subject: bat files not automatically assumed to be executable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
i updated my cygwin area recently and now windows bat files will not
execute with "Permission denied" error message. in addition the bat
file has permission 644.
previous to updating cygwin, all bat files had the execute bit set and
were always executable. on the documentation for cygwin, it explicitly
says that bat, com and exe files are always executable in cygwin. has
this changed?? and if so, why?? this makes it really painful....
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple