This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SIGINT generated by Control-C, is not delivered in mintty
- From: "Houder" <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, "Thomas Wolff" <towo at towo dot net>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 23:32:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: SIGINT generated by Control-C, is not delivered in mintty
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1436859879 dot 3576693 dot 323109769 dot 13A8B37B at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <55A9517A dot 5090308 at towo dot net> <1437389942 dot 2804270 dot 328057057 dot 1FF478B2 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <6e51c4c1411fb3878b6d7862d96ef4af dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <1437396634 dot 2825938 dot 328138033 dot 1915DBE0 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <79ac7f5abad2d03fbd8b442b38bcbd56 dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <55AD4E17 dot 3060804 at towo dot net> <db1967ec476f3dc94cebca4bbe44a238 dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <55AE6BCB dot 5 at towo dot net>
>> You are the expert on mintty now ... I only observed a "pattern":
> let's say maintainer... expert on terminal issues maybe, but not on
> Windows API and specifics of POSIX process control...
Language, language, Henri!
1. Re. "You are the expert on mintty now ..."
First of all, my apologies ... I should have accompanied my statement with a Smiley ( :-) )
You are not an export on mintty yet ... I am aware of that (as we all are). You cannot be an
expert on mintty within a couple of weeks/months ...
I only wanted to 'signal', that my knowledge of mintty, compared to yours, is nill.
Furthermore, I wanted to point out exactly when mintty "failed" ...
2. priority of the bug
Secondly, my first reason for interfering with this thread was, that I wanted to have a clear
understanding of the problem ...
Next, I presented a work-around, as you did:
1. cmd /c <root>/bin/mintty -- mine
2. setsid mintty -- yours
3. run mintty -- in case the "bash window" should close itself
What I mean is, that I do not believe there is a serious problem with mintty (meaning, you can
afford yourself some time in finding a solution).
But, of course, that is my opinion.
3. Re. "Windows API and specifics of POSIX process control ..."
Third, I hear you ... but I am afraid that your only point of reference here is Corinna V. Only
she (sadly enough) has the intimate knowledge in this area (ever since Christopher Faylor left).
(something that should freak out the community and her boss)
... Perhaps she ...
> I've implemented a tweak that should resolve the issue. Please try
A tarball? I may have a stab at it ... but it has been a long time since I compiled anything
related to Cygwin ...
> I think it's a workaround rather than a fix though as I think the actual
> problem is within cygwin.
I heard you the first time. However, Cygwin (yes, the part that Corinna V. knows all about) may
have been modified for justifiable reasons. And in that case, mintty has to adapt.
Bottom-line: allow yourself more time studying mintty (to me there is not really a problem with
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple