This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.2.0-0.2
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:33:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.2.0-0.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20150722151440 dot GK3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 7/22/2015 11:14 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
NEW: sigsetjmp and siglongjmp were only implemented as macros so far.
POSIX requires functions longjmp and siglongjmp to exist. 2.2.0-0.2
adds sigsetjmp and siglongjmp functions.
2.2.0 comes with four new functions: getcontext, setcontext,
makecontext and swapcontext.
So I am wondering if signal handlers now have access to the full context,
including register values. There was at one time a desire to port Jikes RVM,
a research Java Virtual Machine, to cygwin, to get it running under Windows.
Lack of ability to obtain and modify the ucontext in a signal handler was
the sticking point. (It was needed in the case of, say, a null pointer
exception, to fake up the throwing of the Java exception when the signal
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple