This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: db_home setting in nsswitch.conf is ignored.
- From: Shaun Martin <squarefighter at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:25:33 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: db_home setting in nsswitch.conf is ignored.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Shaun Martin <squarefighter at yahoo dot com>
> Is HOME set in the Windows environment already? If so, this
> might interact with the setting in /etc/nsswitch.conf, which *only*
> works for entries taken from the passwd DB (getpwnam, getpwuid calls).
> How do you start mintty? It should be started with a single parameter,
> a dash, e.g.:
> C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -
Yes, HOME is set in the Windows environment and I am not able to change it.
With the "SET" command in a Windows command prompt I can see:
When you say it only works for entries taken from passwd DB, does that
mean I need to create a "/etc/passwd" file in order to change the
"db_home" directory with nsswitch.conf?
I'm starting mintty with the shortcut generated by the installer:
C:\Users\shaun\Apps\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple