This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: db_home setting in nsswitch.conf is ignored.
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:19:47 +0000
- Subject: RE: db_home setting in nsswitch.conf is ignored.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1568721912 dot 554752 dot 1437593133260 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <143607434 dot 20150723005320 at yandex dot ru> <20150723085752 dot GA29506 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Suggestion for the Cygwin developers:
What about a file in /etc that contains contain environmental variables
that sets cygwin-specific variables and overrides anything in Windows'
It would also make it possible to clone an installation by
copying - no need to modify the environment.
Sorry, I'm not a coder and cannot contribute a developer a cannot
propose a path.
As previously: "Just a suggestion, not a request."
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.