This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: db_home setting in nsswitch.conf is ignored.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 18:57:39 +0300
- Subject: Re: db_home setting in nsswitch.conf is ignored.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1568721912 dot 554752 dot 1437593133260 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <143607434 dot 20150723005320 at yandex dot ru> <20150723085752 dot GA29506 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA210A61388 at msgb09 dot nih dot gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]!
> Suggestion for the Cygwin developers:
> What about a file in /etc that contains contain environmental variables
> that sets cygwin-specific variables and overrides anything in Windows'
You can do it yourself by creating /etc/environment and sourcing it from user
> It would also make it possible to clone an installation by
> copying - no need to modify the environment.
> See https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-01/msg00977.html
> Sorry, I'm not a coder and cannot contribute a developer a cannot
> propose a path.
> As previously: "Just a suggestion, not a request."
With best regards,
Friday, July 24, 2015 18:55:04
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple