This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: mintty 2.1.2
- From: "Houder" <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:58:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: mintty 2.1.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 55B1677D dot 5080303 at towo dot net> <63a08c60771faffa23bc1c029235301d dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <55B22422 dot 6000601 at towo dot net> <d9ef810e0ad325a9b51f641a10a06f0b dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <55B2B644 dot 8010506 at towo dot net> <be0351be5e3aa7b7ba980fc25f9cce0c dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <e731c3536912df8739a630e17ab5d8ec dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <10d3a46960f8ec71784bdf15a0ee6b58 dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl>
> Hi Thomas,
> Additionally ...
>> But first things, first ...
>> Please, make a mental picture of the check boxes at your place at 'control panel >
>> performance information and tools > adjust visual effects'.
>> I'll bet, all check boxes for "eye candy" has been checked at your place; NONE of
>> them are checked at my place ...
>> (I am an old fashioned guy, who wants his 8 cores to do useful things)
> Additionally I "enabled" 'Windows Classic' ... (which disables transparency, does it
> not?) i.s.o. 'Windows 7' (the default).
> (control panel > personalization)
> (in an attempt to specify how your environment might be different from mine)
- changing to 'best appearance' (visual effects) or
- changing to 'Windows 7' (personalization)
does the trick ... i.e. mintty v211 (and v212 as modified by me, but W/O removing the
invocation of update_transparency() ) will not crash
Changing back to "my default" will make them crash again.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple