This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: mintty 2.1.2
- From: "Houder" <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:49:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: mintty 2.1.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 55B1677D dot 5080303 at towo dot net> <63a08c60771faffa23bc1c029235301d dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <55B22422 dot 6000601 at towo dot net> <d9ef810e0ad325a9b51f641a10a06f0b dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <55B2B644 dot 8010506 at towo dot net> <be0351be5e3aa7b7ba980fc25f9cce0c dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <e731c3536912df8739a630e17ab5d8ec dot squirrel at oude-webmail dot xs4all dot nl> <CAEhDDbA1YKWUmA17WBrujrAFDSJn6+ayOFUVDCGNG8qhs14s=A at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Houder wrote:
>> Please, make a mental picture of the check boxes at your place at 'control panel >
>> performance information and tools > adjust visual effects'.
>> I'll bet, all check boxes for "eye candy" has been checked at your place; NONE of
>> them are checked at my place ...
>> (I am an old fashioned guy, who wants his 8 cores to do useful things)
> They do, even with the checkboxes on:
Thanks for the link ... ;-)
So, I am of those guys who thinks he is "awesomely clever". Right?
"because enthusiasts who think they are so awesomely clever, looooove
disabling anything that makes the computer look pretty, because they're
convinced that effort making the computer look pretty is clearly done
at the expense of performance."
As I do not want to be "stupid", I enabled for "best appearance" :-))
As I totally do not appreciate the eye candy I got after enabling for "best
appearance" , I decided to select 'Windows Basic' (Personalization).
Guess what? 'mintty -D' crashes ...
> GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
> The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
> Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
> "Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
> "People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple