This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mcafee e'prise false positive on (x86) texlive-collection-fontsrecommended?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 08:51:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Mcafee e'prise false positive on (x86) texlive-collection-fontsrecommended?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55B7413D dot 1040308 at shaddybaddah dot name>
Shaddy Baddah <lithium-cygwin <at> shaddybaddah.name> writes:
> Is this a false positive on the part of the Virus Scanner? Or, as the
> package is dated from before the vulnerability report, does the package
> need an update?
My guess is that it's a false positive. The scanner likely deletes all OTF
fonts not explicitly whitelisted since it'd be hard to figure out during
scan if the font triggers the bug (much less if it provides any malicious
behaviour). Please report to McAfee.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple