This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin Shell Fails to Start when Enabling High Address
- From: Benjamin Cao <becao at progress dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 13:10:09 +0000
- Subject: RE: Cygwin Shell Fails to Start when Enabling High Address
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <a0044cbe3ab747048d7246806562f509 at ntmaexbe03 dot bedford dot progress dot com> <20150224213422 dot GS437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <56960a5bb2344de09875b4d117bf19b4 at ntmaexbe03 dot bedford dot progress dot com> <20150727201519 dot GB12449 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <b0046549b90844bbbcd12ed64bcce9b2 at ntmaexbe03 dot bedford dot progress dot com> <20150729114859 dot GB7067 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
I have tried the latest snapshot and have confirmed that with AllocationPreference enabled, I can start Cygwin without any crashes.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Corinna Vinschen
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: Cygwin Shell Fails to Start when Enabling High Address
On Jul 28 17:26, Benjamin Cao wrote:
> When I start Cygwin, with the AllocationPreference registry enable for
> VirtualAlloc, the shell immediate closes. I get the below error.
> 2 [main] sh 5240 c:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - internal
> error reading the windows environment - too many environment
> I guess you have answered the question to when we could get our
> testing running on Cygwin, but I'm unable to get to that point if the
> shell cannot start. Any advice on what I'm seeing now?
A bug in Cygwin. Actually, 2 bugs, one generic bug and one in 64 bit Cygwin only.
I applied patches to the git repo and I just uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ which contain the fixes.
I'm also creating new test releases 2.2.0-0.4 and upload and announce them later today.
Please give any of them a try, preferredly today, so I may be able to create the offical Cygwin 2.2.0 release today as well.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com