This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: What generates colossal 1.4G /usr/share/icons
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 07:44:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: What generates colossal 1.4G /usr/share/icons
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9D9AC45310887B40A7245734E850FBE1257785F9 at FS-MX02 dot frontier dot local>
>> What is it that generates the **absolutely massive** /usr/share/icons/?
>> I've had a hunt through "requires:" in setup.ini but got lost.
> $ du -sh /usr/share/icons
> 114M /usr/share/icons
> These icon directories have a _lot_ of symlinks, did you perhaps copy your
> installation and flatten them?
$ du -sh /usr/share/icons/
I did not intentionally flatten them, but I must have: 1.5G >> 114M.
Unflattening is presumably not possible (how would it be driven?) so: I had better re-install and hope that multiple symlinks are recovered. â
Can you say what original package installation might have induced this directory?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple