Re: Qt5: QDir::mkpath() fails for /cygdrive/ paths

Greetings, David Stacey!

>> QDir::mkpath() fails when creating paths that start '/cygdrive/'. This
>> problem is only shown with Qt5 (not Qt4), and only with paths that
>> start '/cygdrive/' (so running from my home directory '~' is fine).
>> This is not a permissions problem, as it works fine with Qt4.
>>
>> Sample programme is below. Compile for Qt5 as per the comments. 'cd
>> /cygdrive/X' where X is a local drive where you have permissions to
>> create a directory. Run './create_directory new_dir' and it fails to
>> create the directory. Programme works fine when compiled with Qt4.

> I have updated to libQt5Core5-5.4.2-2, and I'm still getting this
> problem. Is anyone else able to reproduce this, or offer some insight as
> to why it might be failing? For completeness, my example programme is
> included below.

QDir in Qt5 have known issues. A number of them. One serious issues is a
failure to treat international (UNICODE) paths. Probably related to all
unicode handling in that area.
Hang on the updates channel to see them resolved.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...