Re: Subversion crashes

Op Mon, 24 Aug 2015 18:15:11 -0700
schreef David Rothenberger <daveroth@acm.org>:

> My apologies. I interpreted his statement to mean that he successfully
> checked out to a local filesystem, not that he was encountering the
> error while checking out to a local filesystem.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was trying to get the repo on my C: drive.
Here's the same with more context:

samg@PC0213 /cygdrive/c/temp/svn
$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/temp/svn

samg@PC0213 /cygdrive/c/temp/svn
$ svn co --username anonsvn
https://smlnj-gforge.cs.uchicago.edu/svn/smlnj/admin test
Authentication realm: <https://smlnj-gforge.cs.uchicago.edu:443>
Document repository Password for 'anonsvn': *******

assertion "svn_dirent_is_canonical(base, pool)" failed: file
"/usr/src/packages/subversion/subversion-1.8.14-1.i686/src/subversion-1.8.14/subversion/libsvn_subr/dirent_uri.c",
line 1053, function: svn_dirent_join_many Aborted (core dumped)

But I also get the error with other svn commands that need the
server (e.g. log). Command "svn status" does not give an error. The only
kind of similar error messages I found on the web say something about
not using a trailing slash with the URL. Not the problem in my case.

> I guess the next step is cygcheck output and telling me exactly where
> the checkout was occurring. But I'm not hopeful I can solve this
> because (a) it works for me, (b) I haven't done C programming in many
> years and (c) I don't use subversion anymore and don't have much free
> time to debug it.
>
> Sam, it may be up to you to debug Subversion to see if you can
> determine what is causing the problem. But let's start with the
> output of cygcheck and telling me where you're doing the checkout.

Cygcheck output attached. Slightly edited because this is on my work pc
and sysadmins don't like sharing much specifics. Not sure if they let
me do much debugging there and I don't have any Windows at home. I
appreciate any hints that might get this working again.