Re: Question about flock - potential memory corruption?

Hi,

Attach is the simple test case I use to reproduce the valgrind warning
and random failures.

Compile the test case in Cygwin with below command line:
$ gcc -g -O0 flock.c -o flock.exe

Thanks!
 * This is a STC that causes the following error on my test machine:
 *   NtCreateEvent(lock): 0xC0000035
 *
 * It tries to use flock() for file locking. It creates a temporary
 * file, the uses fork to spawn a number of children. Each child opens
 * the file, then repeatedly uses flock to lock and unlock it.
 *
 * This test was extracted from the APR test suite.
 *
 * Compile: gcc -Wall -o stc-flock-fork stc-flock-fork.c
 ***********************************************************************/

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/file.h>
#include <sys/wait.h>

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <errno.h>

#define MAX_ITER 2000
#define CHILDREN 6

/* A temporary file used for flock. */
char tmpfilename[] = "/tmp/flocktstXXXXXX";

int main(int argc, const char * const * argv, const char * const *env)
{
    int fd;

    /* Create the temporary file. */
    fd = mkstemp(tmpfilename);